2 theatre productions and write 2 critiques of the productions,A Doll’s House by Ibsen and ANGELS IN AMERICA by Tony Kushner
1. List the theater, the producing organization, director, playwright, date of performance and the physical space or theater venue.
2. The play?s genre must be identified (comedy, farce, romantic comedy, tragedy, drama, etc.). Explain what you expect of a production in that genre. Evaluate how successful these expectations were fulfilled.
3. Identify the theatrical conventions used in the production. (These conventions will be outlined in class and in your text.)
4. What point or objective do you think the artists wanted to make by creating this production?
5. Describe one or two of the actors? performances in the production.
6. Finally, please discuss the audience?s response to the production. Compare that to your own response.