1. Identify two (2) major historical turning points in the period under discussion.
2. Analyze the impact of the two (2) major historical turning points on America’s current society, economy, politics, and culture.
3. Describe at least two (2) ways the Reconstruction period may have been different if President Lincoln had not been assassinated.
4. Explain how industrialization and urbanization affected the life of the average working American during the period.
5. Give at least two (2) examples of how the federal and/or state courts and legislatures handed down
decisions or passed laws during the period that served to discriminate against non-white citizens and immigrants.
6. Include at least two (2) references other than the textbook. At least one (1) of your sources must be obtained from the collection of databases accessible from the Learning Resources Center Web page. Generic encyclopedic Internet resources such as Wikipedia or Answers.com will not be considered acceptable. Your
? Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides;
citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any
? Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the
course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required
assignment page length. The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
? Recognize the major turning points in American history since the Civil War.
? Analyze how historical events shape America’s current society, economy, politics, and culture.
? Recognize and discuss the different ways that the heritage of slavery, the Civil War, Reconstruction, and segregation have shaped America’s history – even to the present day.
? Identify how changes in social and economic conditions and technology can cause corresponding changes in the attitudes of the people and policies of the government.
? Recognize and discuss the ways that formal policies of government have influenced the direction of historical and social development in the United States.
? Use technology and information resources to research issues in contemporary U.S. history.
? Write clearly and concisely about contemporary U.S. history using proper writing mechanics.
WHAT IS YOUR BUDGET? CHAT LIVE WITH OUR CREDIT CONTROLLER NOW AND GIVE US YOUR BUDGET AND WE WILL GIVE FAVORABLE RATES TO YOU!!!