Business Investment Climate
1. For the nations Morocco and New Zealand discuss and analyze the trend over time in the trade of goods and services (imports and exports). The World Bank’s – World Development Indicators (https://databank.worldbank.org/data/home.aspx) is a possible source of this information. (3 pages)
2. For the nations Morocco and New Zealand identify and analyze the extent of U.S multinational activity associated with each country.
Utilize the the U.S Bureau of Economic Analysis to obtain data over time (10+years) on U.S direct investment into Morocco and New Zealand . Identify the industries associated with this investment. Discuss the trends and any significant observations over time.
Provide different types of univariate statistics to help discuss and analyze the observations. Use side by side tables for data of both countries.
10. A critical look at the renewal of education act for vocational and technical education between two countries (Choose any TWO (2) countries).
[GRAND TOTAL: 60 MARKS]
GUIDELINES TO ASSIGNMENT (PART B)
• First, read all the topics given and select ONE (1) topic of your choice and interest
• Once you have decided on your research focus, select TWO (2) countries from one region.
o South East Asia (e.g. Malaysia, Thailand, Brunei, Singapore etc.)
o Asia (e.g. Maldives, India, Indonesia, Philippines etc.)
o East (China, Japan, Singapore, etc.)
o West (Poland, UK, France etc.)
o Developing countries (e.g. Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand etc.)
o Developed countries (e.g. USA, Australia, Finland, etc.)
• Keep in mind that the schools / institutions / countries you select must have certain common characteristics so that they are worthy of comparison.
• Next understand the demands of the task, highlighting what is expected. Example:
o Blended learning in Institutions of Higher Learning
• List aspects related to the topic concerned. See Example below
• Research the topic concerned by reading journal articles and other scholarly publications such as books, magazines, circulars, documents and Country Reports. Do not use Wikipedia as a source.
• Surf the internet to obtain information from national (e.g. Ministry of Education) and international organizations (e.g. UNESCO, OECD, the World Bank and WEI – World Education Indicators)
• Read and synthesize the information that you have read.
• List down the similarities and differences between the chosen countries.
• Next, organise your answer based on the educational issue in the question.
See example below:
• Given below is an example of the format of your final report
? Cover Page
? Title Page
? Acknowledgments (if any)
? Table of Contents
? List of Tables (if any)
? List of Figures (if any)
? Abstract (one paragraph)
o INTRODUCTION (1-3 pages)
? Introduction to issue discussed (e.g. Online learning)
? Review of Related Literature
? Focus / Aim of Report
? Rationale for chosen schools/ institutions / countries
? Scope of Report
? Definition of Terms
o SCHOOL / INSTITUTION / COUNTRY A (3-5 pages)
? Introduction to School / Institution / Country A
? Brief historical, geographical & cultural description
? Current information on issue discussed (e.g. academic restructuring in institutions of higher learning in Country A – provide facts, figures, views, relevant literature and recent findings)
o SCHOOL / INSTITUTION / COUNTRY B (3-5 Pages)
? Introduction to School / Institution / Country B
? Brief historical, geographical, cultural description
? Current information on issue been discussed (e.g. academic restructuring in institutions of higher learning in Country B- provide facts, figures, views, relevant literature and recent findings )
o CONTRASTIVE ANALYSIS (6-10 pages)
? List the similarities between Schools / Institutions / Countries A & B
? List the differences between Schools / Institutions / Countries A & B
? Provide relevant facts & figures using tables and charts
? Conclude with a summary of impact / major findings
o CONCLUSION (2-3 pages)
? Restate the issue investigated
? Provide a summary of the main findings
? Recommendations for further investigation
? Provide a list of all references cited in report
? Use American Psychological Association (APA) Format and Style to cite references
? Where possible use latest references (year 2008 and onwards)
? Include circulars, tables, charts, figures etc. that are relevant sources for information to the report but not centrally important.
? Label Appendices for easy reference (e.g. Appendix 1, Appendix 2 etc.).
ADDITIONAL GUIDELINES / ASSIGNMENT FORMAT
• Use 1.5 line space and 12-point Times New Roman font.
• The assignment should contain about 3000 – 5000 words (15 – 20 pages)
• Provide reference using the American Psychological Association (APA) format
• References should be latest (year 2005 onwards)
• Plagiarism is not acceptable. If you are not sure what is meant by plagiarism, refer to the various websites which discuss this matter, e.g. owl.english.purdue.edu/handouts.
MARKING SCHEME (50%)
PART A: (20 Marks)
Read the assigned article and answer the question below:
Waldow, F, Takayama, K & Sung, Y.K. (2014). Rethinking the pattern of external policy referencing: Media discourses over the ‘Asian Tigers’’ PISA success in Australia, Germany and South Korea. Comparative Education, 2014, Vol. 50, No. 3, 302–321,
Question 1 (20 Marks)
Using your own words, write a critical review of the article.
You Article Review should comprise the following aspects:
? A summary of the article
? A critique of the article [i.e. the strengths and limitations ( if any) ]
? A personal response on the issue.