1. Define what an expatriate salesperson is and what they do.
2. Under what circumstances should they be utilized?
3. Discuss the problems that might be encountered in having an expatriate sales manager supervising foreign salespeople.
4. Why do companies include an evaluation of an employee’s family among selection criteria for an expatriate assignment?
5. Discuss and GIVE EXAMPLES of why returning U.S. expatriates are often dissatisfied. How can these problems be overcome?
Cateora, Philip and John Graham (2011), International Marketing, 15th edition, Irwin McGraw Hill. ISBN: 978-0-07-352994-3