Select a product of which you will export to a foreign country. After your product is chosen, decide on a foreign country to which you will export. The product must be real and not imaginary, so you can find information about it. Also, when you pick the product, you have to consider the country’s policies, laws, and culture. For example, you wouldn’t want to export alcoholic beverages to an Islamic country. It is very easy to sway while writing about this topic, do keep in mind that this is an export business plan and only write about your export business, which is going to be for your profit. Please don’t write about any humanitarian aid or helping people in need. In addition, don’t diverge in the middle of the paper and switch to joint venture or opening plants in your selected country, only write about the export plan.
The first step to any research paper is gathering information; therefore, before starting to write the paper, you should conduct a research and confirm that you can find answers to the questions below about your product and your chosen country. Please remember that you will lose points for the question if you write “I couldn’t find any information” as the answer.
- Do not write in first person.
- Do pay keen attention to grammar and spelling. Proofread your paper.
- Use at least 7 sources and support each of your answers with at least one source.
- Only use trusted sources:
- Peer reviewed published articles.
- Product or company’s official website
- Government sites, such as CIA world fact book.
- Do not use Wikipedia, answers.com, or other sites alike.
- Don’t include irrelevant information. When you answer questions, relate them to your product and exporting business plan. For example, if you want to export caterpillars (CAT Equipment) to India and when you talk about Indians purchasing power, don’t just include the purchasing power there, also state whether they will be able to afford the machines. If the farmers aren’t able to purchase your product, then whom would you market in the country to sell your product to.
- The paper should be a minimum of five pages, but it shouldn’t be more than 10 pages.
- Use headings and subheadings, it is a part of APA style.
- Times New Roman 12-point font
- Double-spaced lines
- Two spaces after punctuation
- 1-inch margins
- Paragraphs with a minimum of 3 sentences
- The first line of each paragraph should be indented 1/2 inch
- APA Style
For assistance with APA formatting please review the following resources:
Purdue Online Writing Lab
In developing your Export Business Plan, you will present the following information:
- Purpose – why has the plan been written – don’t state that the purpose is the assignment for your class, treat it as a real plan. 10 points
- Table of Contents – use word to create a formal table of contents. Don’t just list the topics. 10 points
- Executive Summary – this is short and concise and covers the principal points of the report and is prepared after the plan has been written. 10 points
- Introduction – what product and foreign country did you select and why. 12 points
- Situational Analysis – describe the product to be exported. 13 points
- Country History – present a brief history of the country as it relates to its origins and trade history. Note that this section should be about country’s trade history, not just its history. 15 points
- Cultural Overview – what are the norms, practices, social structure, etc. that may aid (or hinder) the reception of your product. 6 points
- Consumer attitudes toward product. 3 points
- Educational levels – ability to comprehend instructions, ability to use product. 3 points
- Languages – labels, instructions. 3 points
- Political Environment – present an overview of the governance structure of the country along with any legal-political forces. 5 points
- Certain features required or prohibited. 5 points
- Label and packing requirements. 5 points
- Export Marketing Plan – present long and short-term goals, characteristics of an ideal target market for your product given the country selected, market screening. 15 points
- Economic Development – how developed is the country and how will this influence the success of your product. 6 points
- Purchasing power. 3 points
- 3 points
- 3 points
- Summary. 10 points
- Organization – APA Style and Proper Citation, 30 points
- Mechanics – Grammar and Spelling, 30 points
This is the full information about the paper, if you have any questions, concerns, or if something isn’t clear, don’t make assumptions, rather contact me for clarification.