Module 2 – SLP
LEGAL INCIDENT REPORTING REQUIREMENTS
As your second assignment toward completion of the Session Long Project, you will need to research voluntary versus mandatory incident reporting systems.
Part I: Review the Utah and Minnesota Incident reporting mandates. Compare these points:
- Who must report incidents at the institution?
- Discuss whether there is a difference in the types of incidents that must be reported and explain those differences or similarities.
- Who investigates the incidents at the hospital level?
- Explain any steps taken to protect incident reports and control who may obtain the information.
- Explain if and how a root cause analysis is utilized.
Part II: Discuss whether a voluntary or mandatory incident reporting effort is best. List the pros and cons of each kind of system.
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Limit your response to 4 pages, not including title and reference pages.
- Be sure to utilize at least 3-4 scholarly references to support your discussions.
- Be sure to properly cite your references within the text of your assignment and listed at the end.
- Be sure to apply critical thinking skills to the write-up of your assignment, especially in regard to #2 above.