Now, carefully slide (drag) the speech time waveform along the time axis as demonstrated
in lectures. Arrange for the start of a pitch interval to be at t=0. Respond to the following.
1. What are the characteristics of voiced speech? Use the current frame to support your answer.
2. Estimate the pitch frequency from the
a) time waveform b) frequency plots.
How many cycles did you use?
3. Identify the first formant and estimate
a) its frequency b) the ratio of peak gain over the dc (low frequency) value.
4. Change the window type (see 1. above) and for the frame used in 3. and 4. above.
comment on the differences in spectra for the 5 available window functions.
5. Based on the original work of Ladefoged on vowel classification, comment on the vowel class of speech in the neighbourhood of the frames that you used above.
6. Slide further along the time axis to find a different vowel class and comment on the initial class compared with the new class
WHAT IS YOUR BUDGET? CHAT LIVE WITH OUR CREDIT CONTROLLER NOW AND GIVE US YOUR BUDGET AND WE WILL GIVE FAVORABLE RATES TO YOU!!!