International Business BX 3061
Section B: General theory questions (Essay questions)
– Some of the main topic areas that you need to review include the following:
– Market opportunity analysis-what are the factors that need to be consider? What makes one market more
attractive than another? Which target markets should you focus on?
– Competitor analysis and strategy – what methods/ models can you use to analyze the competitor in a
particular market? What are some competitive strengths and weaknesses that one company may have over use
charts, How can governments help to give their countries a competitive edge? (Competitive by Michael porter)
Bargaining power as supplier to keep price reasonable and low. Competition is good for customers to get cheap
– Important of recourse management – what are the many type of recourse that a company needs when
entering the international or global marketplace? Capital, HR, Technology, etc.
– Modes of entry (lecture 8) – There are many modes that a company can use to enter a new market. What
are these modes? Be able to explain what is involved in each mode and what its advantages and disadvantages
are? – Why are some modes not suitable for some market/ countries? Give examples.
Focus on Modes Advantages and disadvantages? Also try to identify some of the problems?
– The important of culture – When working with people of another country, understanding and repeating
their culture is essential. What are some challenges may face when they send employees to work overseas? –
What must market people do when they are designing or promotion products oversees? – What should their
manager and sales people do or not do when they are working with customers or partners overseas? Provide some
– Be aware on different on culture, religion and salary as well.
– SWOT analysis very important for the strategies / choices (home- location – globalization)
– BESTEL- strategy -planning.
WE ARE A LEADING RESEARCH FIRM OFFERING AFFORDABLE RESEARCH SERVICES TO STUDENTS ON ALL SUBJECTS. ORDER NOW AND GET YOUR PAPER IN AS LITTLE AS 3 HOURS!!