Complete the following questions in an MS Word Document in APA format. Double space your work and place in 12 point font using Times New Roman. You must include both a separate cover and reference page.
1. You have been asked to design a LAN with operation over a distance of about 100m. Compare and contrast twisted pair cable, coaxial cable, fiber-optics, and wireless for this application. You should create a table or flow chart which would facilitate choosing between these options depending on circumstances. The table or flow chart should be submitted as part of your document. You may not submit a separate file.
2. Rank the following five media examples in order from highest data transmission speed to lowest data transmission speed: twisted pair, coaxial cable, fiber-optic cable, microwave, and satellite.
3. An entrepreneur is interested in establishing her own world-wide satellite radio infrastructure and has requested your help. Describe and justify the infrastructure that you would develop. Be sure to include the number of satellites needed, the orbits employed for those satellites, and the type and frequency of transmission utilized.
4. A typical signal sequence in a synchronous connection contains a significant amount of information in addition to just the intended message or data. Identify each of the blocks commonly employed and utilize an analogy to sending a physical package to explain what each block does.
5. For the network that you have chosen to characterize for this class, identify the primary types of media employed. Be sure to include both how the computers individually connect into the network devices as well as how network devices interconnect and how the connection to the Internet is achieved. Briefly explain the purpose in the network of each type of media employed and identify at least one alternative media which could also fulfill this purpose