The main theme of the Lord of the Flies is:
( ( ( Human nature, when left without the regulations of society, will become barbaric. )))
Your answer should include, but not be limited to, the following. 1) Explain what the main theme means.
2) Discuss and explain, in depth, the terms ‘human nature’, ‘regulations of society’ and ‘barbaric’.
3) Include other themes from the book.
4) Give specific examples from the book to support your assertions.
5) Discuss the implications of the lack of societal regulations and how that relates to the story in the book, to society in general and to a jail environment.
6) Explain how ethics affect societal regulations.
7) Discuss the struggle between society and the individual.
8) Discuss the problem of evil and what ideas, object symbolism and representations Golding uses regarding evil.
9) Connect the idea of a utopian and dystopian society to the above theme.