Year 12 Drafting Sheet – Task 2
Remember the Task 2 Success Criteria….
I know that I am successful when I can…
- reach the required word length of 800-1200 words.
- demonstrate control of the feature article genre by using a hook introduction, headlines, bylines, pull-out quotes, short, sharp paragraphing and digital design elements.
- Select a specific angle for my feature article, which allows me to discuss my chosen theme/s, as well as demonstrate my understanding of the attitudes and values which shaped the author’s work.
- Make language choices including the use of a range of complex vocabulary, literary and persuasive devices.
- Select and control textual devices such as spelling, punctuation and sentence structure.
|Will it reach the required length of 800-1200 words?|
|Is it clear what your angle and theme/s are?|
|Is your understanding of the author’s attitudes and values evident?
|Is there a clear structure:
· strong and engaging introduction which hooks the audience?
· thoughtful selection and organisation of ideas through body section?
· short, sharp paragraphing?
· conclusion and call to action?
|Are elements of the feature article included:
· suitable headline?
· pullout quotes?
· appropriate visuals? (What has been planned?)
|Are persuasive and literary devices used to enhance the quality of the feature article?
· At least three complex (e.g. anecdote, statistics, expert quotes and humour)
· At least three basic (e/g/ repetition, metaphor, simile)
|Has the article been edited for:
· sentence structure and expression?