Marketing of Services
Academic Year 2015
Course leader Ian Norman
Percentage of final grade given 40%
3000 words each of the four parts is equal in word length
This assessment aims to test the students based on the following intended learning outcomes
- Understand the salient features of services marketing
- Explain and analyse the design of quality service marketing
- Understand how loyalty can be achieved through services marketing
- Evaluate the channels by which services are delivered including digital technology.
Select a specific known service organization and research the following .
- What factors affect the value of customers to the organisation ?
- Critically analyse the efforts that the organisation takes to reach these customers. What monitoring is in place to show success?
- How has technology enabled the organisation to expand its message?
- Critically reflect upon possible new strategy / tactics that the organisation could carry out in its marketing.
Format of the project :
- The report should display a coherent structure title page should include students name , module name ,lecturer name, date and school name followed by contents page , introduction , executive summary , content as set out in description ,references and if appropriate appendices.
- The project should be prepared neatly typed using Tines new Roman 12 points with double spacing and page numbering. Spell check the work and ensure the project is grammatically correct.
- All sources must be referenced in the text and full bibliography must be provided in the Harvard style . This must also include any websites visited. Paraphrasing or direct quotes taken from other sources must be clearly indicated with citations. No footnoting.
- Students are reminded that depth relevance and variety are the crucial elements of quality research. Wikipedia is not considered to be a relevant source of information , any student referencing Wikipedia will be deducted marks
- Submission should be by the deadline and should include a hard copy to the lecturer and an electronic copy to your academic coordinator.
- Late submissions will incur a 5% reduction in grade . After 5 days of being the student will receive a 0 / ABS and have to resit the project .
- All work must conform to University regulations on cheating , collusion and plagaiarism as described in you handbook.