Media, Culture and Society.
a) Acclimatize you to some of the key theorists in the area of communications
b) Develop your academic skills of doing research, writing a bibliography, paraphrasing and quoting scholars.
c) Begin to appreciate how the field of communication studies is built on a lineage of scholarship.
1. Pick a key thinker and sign up. There will only be 25 spots per thinker
2. State who your thinker is and explain the background of the thinker (who did they study under, where? Did they world that they lived in have an impact?) ( 1-2 paragraphs)
3. What other scholars influenced your thinker? Are they part of a school of thought? Who are they associated with? (1-2 paragraphs)
4. Summarize and explain their key arguments of the thinker in your own words. You want to explore how they are relevant to communication studies. What ideas are critical in communications studies.
5. Choose a key passage of the thinker. The passage must contain 3-4 sentences. (you must indicate that you know how to properly format and cite a direct quotation).
6. Explain the quote in your own words. You must paraphrase this, but you need to cite what your idea is based on (Ie. Use a proper paraphrase citation). You may consult proper secondary sources, but you must cite these.
7. What evidence does the key thinker use in in making their arguments? Ie. What does the key thinker study.
8. Whose work has been influenced by your key thinker? What are the different ways that your key thinker has been understood or interpreted.
9. Give 3 examples of essay topics / studies based on your key thinkers ideas. Each topic should include a number of questions or directions that the topic could explore.
10. Complete a proper bibliography
WE ARE A LEADING RESEARCH FIRM OFFERING AFFORDABLE RESEARCH SERVICES TO STUDENTS ON ALL SUBJECTS. ORDER NOW AND GET YOUR PAPER IN AS LITTLE AS 3 HOURS!!