HI5017 Managerial Accounting
Trimester 1 2018
Assessment Value: 20%
1. This assignment is need to be submitted in accordance with assessment policy
stated in the Unit Outline and Student Handbook.
2. It is the responsibility of the student who is submitting the work, to ensure that
the work is in fact her/his own work. Incorporating another’s work or ideas into one’s
own work without appropriate acknowledgement is an academic offence. Students
should submit all assignments for plagiarism checking on Blackboard before final
submission in the subject. For further details, please refer to the Subject Outline
and Student Handbook.
3. Maximum marks available: 20 marks
4. Assignment should be of 2,000 words. Please use “word count” and include in
report. Presented in Calibri font size 12
5. Due date of submission: Week 10, Friday at 5.00 p.m.
Format of the Report
1. You at least should have the following details:
a. Assignment Cover page clearly stating your name and student number
b. A table of contents, executive summary
c. A brief introduction or overview of what the report is about.
d. Body of the report with sections to answer the sections required and with
appropriate section headings
f. List of references.
2. Diagrams and tables clearly labelled and explained.
3. Ensure all materials are correctly referenced. Plagiarism will be severely
You have been hired by the Board of Directors of your chosen company (ASX Listed)
to explain how ABC model can improve the management accounting information
available to its top management team (i.e. CEO and senior managers).
You are required to prepare a report to recommend about ABC model for your
company. The report should cover the followings:
a) An explanation of ABC model and its features
b) An explanation of how ABC model aligns with the current goals and strategies
of the company. This explanation should include:
i) An identification of the company’s mission and objectives; and
ii) An identification of the company’s corporate strategies
iii) An explanation of how ABC model assist in achieving the company’s
c) Provide at least two (2) recommendations about the implementation of ABC
model for your company based on your research findings.
d) Apart from ABC model, suggest one other management accounting tool
suitable for your company and justify it.