Industrial Internet Report – 20% of Final Mark
Read articles, case studies, technical papers and/or white papers available on the Industrial Internet Consortium website and answer the following questions:
ABC format = 4 points
introduction = 1 points
body = 1 points ( The main body report must not exceed 10 pages, 1.5 spacing, 1” margin as a maximum, not including the title page, letter of transmittal, table of contents, and the appendix
conclusion = 2 points
References = 3 points (Should be follow a citation style, e.g., APA, MLA, Chicago, IEEE, etc)
Each one reference = 0.5
Depth of analysis = 8 points
basic analysis = 6 points
intermediate analysis = 7 points
advanced analysis = 8 points
- Describe how predictive analytics can be used to automatically govern processes and systems.
- Describe how industrial internet solutions allow for optimization at the asset, facility, fleet and network levels.
- Describe how predictive analytics and optimization is accomplished automatically by interconnected machines and devices
- Describe how predictive analytics and optimization is accomplished by people at work who are responsible for interconnected machines and devices.
- Describe the advantages for people at work that have access to Big Data and real-time data.
- List the benefits of having an industrial internet solution for manufacturing. The list should include benefits related to safety, quality, maintenance and production.
- Explain how the industrial internet can be used to service the finished product.
- Describe how data can be used to monitor, diagnose, predict and optimize manufacturing processes and/or systems.
- Length: 10 minutes (Maximum)
- All team members are expected to present (any absent member will get 0% for the presentation mark)
- Must be consistent with the report, and must include a “References” slide, and your “concept map”
- Due Date: April 3rd, 2018 – @ 12:00 noon – A penalty of 5% (from the 20%) for each one hour delay.
- Your submission should be as a Word document:
o Hard copy: stapled sheets in class, and:
o Softcopy: through email only