Reflecting on Psychology
- Please describe what your opinion about psychology was in the beginning of the semester and how it has changed as a result of what we have learned throughout the semester. For example, perhaps in the beginning of the semester, you may not have understood what psychology really is. For example, perhaps you thought psychology was limited to stereotypes of therapists, like Dr. Phil. However, maybe now you realize that psychology is much more than just counseling. Or maybe you did not believe psychology is a true science, but now you realize it is. (Even if your view of psychology has not necessarily “changed”, you can still discuss how it may have been enhanced, deepened, broadened, etc.).
- If you leave this class with just a grade, then you have wasted 16 weeks. Please identify at least one thing you have learned in this class this semester and how it has impacted your life. (e.g., You might discuss a particular topic, lecture, discussion, or experience in class that has impacted you, challenged you, encouraged you, etc.).
- I WILL BE GRADING YOU RELATIVELY STRICTLY ON GRAMMAR AND PROFESSIONAL READABILITY (IN ADDITION TO CONTENT), SO IT WILL BEHOOVE YOU TO PROOFREAD YOUR PAPER BEFORE TURNING IT IN. I WILL NOT PROOFREAD PAPERS FOR YOU BEFOREHAND.
- Your paper should be AT LEAST 3 FULL pages total (roughly 1,030 words or more) of WRITTEN NARRATIVE (i.e., no bullets), typed, double-spaced, 12” font, with 1” margins all around. If you go over that’s OK, but if it is not at least 3 pages of WRITTEN NARRATIVE, you will lose points.
- Do NOT put your name anywhere on your paper so I can grade it anonymously. NO heading is necessary as it will detract from length.
- NO LATE PAPERS!