|3000 word report – excludes Executive Summary and Appendices. Max 4 pages for appendices|
Select one of the following topics and discuss as require:
- Choose a global fashion, automobile or grocery/supermarket company that has expanded across borders into Asia. Discuss and critique its approach to ‘Internationalisation’ including a clear analysis of the strategies and process it has used to expand across borders. Also provide a detailed analysis of the challenges and problems the business has faced as it has expanded into the Asian market.
- Conduct an analysis of the socio – cultural implications for managers in the course of doing business between Australia and China and/or India. Use a case study company that has shown success in it’s global strategies in this regard.
- Understanding National Culture and its differences has a significant impact on the international manager’s ability to effectively deal with different cultures. Discuss the concept of an ‘Ethnocentric’ versus ‘Polycentric’ and ’Geocentric’ approach to management. Identify a company that has expanded globally and how it has had to change its management approach to work effectively across different values and national cultures.
- Research, identify and discuss the key differences in negotiation and decision making processes used be tween American and Middle Eastern companies/businesses. Identify an American company that has expanded into the Middle East and use it as a case study to discuss what changes American managers would need to make in order to ensure success in this market.
Suggested limits are as follows:
- Executive Summary: ideally one page but no more than two.
- Sections 1: Introduction 400 – 600 words,
- Section 2: Main body of the essay 2,000 – 2,500 words,
- Sections 3: Conclusions 100 – 300 words,
- References (5 – 15 references).