STAT project (statistical calculations and particular table or figure must show in this project
Very important (statistical calculations and particular table or figure must show in this project
PURPOSE: The purpose of this project is to supplement lecture material by having you collect and analyze data.
You are to collect data that can be analyzed using one of the following techniques.
1. Hypothesis Test for comparing two population means using independent samples.
2. Hypothesis Test for comparing two population means using dependent samples.
3. Chi-Square Goodness of Fit Test.
4. Chi-Square Test of Independence.
The data should be of interest to you and may come from a survey, an observational study, or an experiment. I want you to have at least 10 observations in each sample if the data are to be analyzed using technique 1 or technique 2 above. I want the sample size to be at least 50 if technique 3 or technique 4 is to be used.
You are to write a report in which you will
• Provide an introduction of your study
• Include a description of how you collected your data
• Provide a discussion and interpretation of the results including why your study and these results are important.
• Put the details of your statistical calculations in an appendix but present a summary of the results in your paper. In your narrative, be certain to refer to the particular table or figure in the appendix that supports your results.