Outline:Maya Angelou Research Paper
Thesis: Although mayaangelou’s life was full misery and struggles she still managed to rise above thee norms of society to unprecedented achievement through her poetry
- Introduction Paragraph
- Context/background to introduce poet
- Thesis statement
a.Paragraph 1/Assertion:Mayaangelou had an eventful chil
- Born on April 4,1928 Marguerite johnson in St louis,Missouri(Source 3:Critical Insights
- Angelou has had a broad career as as a singer ,dancer , actress, composer ,and hollywood‘s first female black director.( Source 2: Maya angelou)
b.Paragraph 2/Assertion:She attended public school in Arkansas and California, and won a scholarship to study dance and drama at San Francisco’s Labor school
- George Washington High school- San Francisco (Source 2:Maya Angelou
c.Paragraph 3/Assertion:Maya Angelou holds many awards, and has accomplished much in the field of poetry.
i.she was honored with a nomination for an emmy award for her performance in Roots in 1977.
a.Paragraph 1/Assertion: Maya Angelou a growing up in St louis ,Missouri and choosing to get degrees in creative writing and editor,playwright add a different element to her poems.
i.California Labor School-(Source 2:Maya Angelou )
b.Paragraph 2/Assertion: Some other outside factors that affect her as a person and her poems are she was raper by her mother’s boyfriend when was just seven year old
- sexual assault-(Source 2:Maya Angelou )
Iii.remainedmute five years but developed a love language –(Source 2:Maya Angelou)
Section 3:Analysis/Discussion of literature
a.paragraph 1/Assertion:The language of Maya Angelou captures the discourse of a long life, particularly the life of the Southern Black community
i.racial issues-(Source 1:Critical Insights)
- Tells story though others-(Source 1:Critical Insights)
b.paragraph 2/Assertion:When it comes to Maya there is no normal style of poetry in her collections.
i.Analysis poem:(Source 1:Critical Insights)
Section 4: Conclusion Paragraph
- Restate thesis statement
- Summarize 3 main sections of paper